Friday, April 27, 2012

Prayer to the Goddess

A Healing Altar
When I started writing this posting, I hesitated due to one word - that being the word "prayer".  I wondered where it was an appropriate word to use due to the heavy Christain associated with it, however other associated words such as "plea", "desire", "request", "hope" or even "petition" (a word I do personally tend to use) just simply did not have the right sounding.  According to an online dictionary, the word "prayer" does mean "religious observance" which is the context of the word I am after, so "prayer" it is.

The following is the first of a series of prayers that can be said to the Great Goddess, the Divine Feminine, during sessions of honouring and worship.  If there is a particular Goddess that you personally align with, then their name (and title) can be included wherever appropriate.


Prayer of Gratitude

Blessed Mighty Mother of Life, Death and Rebirth
She who ever was, ever is and ever shall be
I am grateful for the life that has been bestowed upon me
For the simple things that bring such joy
I am grateful for the events unfolding in my life
And know that whilst I feel overwhelmed by the challenges before me,
You walk forever by my side ready to bestow your wisdom and guidance upon me should I ask.
Gracious Mother, help me to face each moment with peace in my heart.
Help me open myself in trust and gratitude for the abundant lessons that are provided to me.
Assist me to walk in peace and humility of what is provided to me.
For I am fortunate in some many ways.
With the strength of you beside me

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Dancing the Sacred Wheel" now available again

"Dancing the Sacred Wheel" now available again
The second edition of "Dancing the Sacred Wheel: A Journey through the Southern Sabbats" is now available through www.createspace.com or direct from the author (Australian customers only) for an autographed copy.

Great Goddess Isis

Great Goddess Isis

Exhortation of Isis

You are She in the dust of whose feet is the hosts of Heaven,
Whose body encircles the Universe,
Who turns the Earth in its orb,
Who gives light to the Sun,
Who rules the World.

You tread death underfoot.
To Thee, the stars are responsive,
To Thee the seasons turn and the Gods rejoice
And the elements are in subjugation.


You are She that is the natural Mother of all things,
Mistress and governor of all elements,
The initial progeny of worlds,
Chief of Divine powers,
Queen of Heaven,
Principle of all the Gods celestial and the light of Goddesses.

At Your will are disposed the planets of the air,
The wholesome winds of the seas
And the silences of the unseen world.