After a rather trying, not to mention emotionally draining and frustrating three months, a decision was made last week to cut ties from an organisation that I felt was not accurately representing the ideals and ethics I held, nor were the current objectives resonating those of what the organisation were supposed to be about and which I had supported. This was not an easy decision to make as I had been involved with this organisation since the mid 1990s, even having spent some six years actively on its committee. However, the severing I believed is necessary, if only for my own piece of mind.
Then two days later I received an unexpected email from Gaia's Garden with respect of the opening of a Goddess exhibition that is to be held at the Queen Victoria Women's Centre in Melbourne from 29 April to 1 May - entitled "She of 10,000 Faces: Images of the Goddess".
The objectives of this Goddess Gathering is to be multi-fold:
- to build a body of shared understanding, knowledge and wisdom,
Indeed the list of presentators and artists scheduled to attend over the weekend read as a "who's who" within the Australian Goddess community:
- Anique Radiant Heart - who travels the world singing her sacred songs at Goddess festivals and holding workshops,
- Dr Glenys Livingston - author of "Pagainan Cosmology" and faciltator of the beautiful Moon Court Moon at Bru-na-Bigtree in the Blue Mountains, Australia,
- Wendy Rule - bewitching songstress, poet and teacher,
- Shekhinah Morgan - the designer of the wonderful Moon Diaries, as well as director of the Awalim School of dance,
- Tanishka - workshop facilitor of the Star of Ishtar Mystery School and author of "The Inner Goddess Makeover",
- Dr Patricia Rose - facilitator, teacher and wise woman,
- Patricia Corner - the founder of GAIA (Goddess Association in Australia) as well as the Pomegranate Grove, and